It’s time again for the 2020 TCAA’s Emerging Artist Competition!
Due date for entries: Sept. 15th, 2019
All applicants will be notified by Sept. 20th
Again, we are exited it will be held at Brian Lebel’s Old West Auction, Mesa Convention Center, 263 N Center Street, Mesa Arizona on January 26-27, 2020.
We believe by focusing on one discipline per year we can give participates more exposure to collectors, the public and other Western Crafts people creating more opportunity and growth in the industry.
January 2020 – Bit & Spur Makers
First Place – $5,000 value, cash and prizes
($2500 check. $2500 value for travel and hotel package to the 21st Annual Traditional Cowboy Arts Exhibition & Sale held at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
The first place winner will be enjoy the weekend festivities and be introduced on-stage during the opening night banquet.
Second Place – $1,000 check
Third Place – $500 check
Brian Lebel’s Old West Auction People’s Choice Award $500 voted on by the public will be awarded by Brian and Melissa Lebel
The Traditional Cowboy Arts Association is excited to offer this competition to the Cowboy trades!
TCAA Emerging Artists Competition Schedule
Here are Details for the Application and Rules:
- There is no official application form, simply email a complete bio with personal photo along with as many photos of your recent work as possible to both Wilson Capron firstname.lastname@example.org and Scott Hardy email@example.com (Make sure photos are of appropriate size so they are easy to see and under 1MB)
- If you have applied before you can apply again.
- The top 10 entries in each category will be accepted.
If you are accepted:
- You are allowed one (1) piece.
- You must personally deliver your work and be responsible for it during the event.
- The piece has to be at the TCAA booth by 10:00 am on the date stated above.
- This is a competition Not a Sales Event, we will not sell your work. We will NOT post prices but if there is interest in a piece, that is between the interested party and Craftsperson and should be done away from the display.
- The winners (one in each discipline) will be announced at the beginning of Brian Lebel’s Old West Auction.
- If you are selected as the winner, you will receive a check along with travel and hotel expenses to the annual Traditional Cowboy Arts Exhibition and Sale at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in October. There you will be introduced on stage during the banquet.
Things to Remember:
- Although this is a competition the TCAA is trying to build community between Craftspeople, we believe the Emerging Artist weekend is a great opportunity for everyone to exchange ideas and form friendships both furthering their disciplines.
- TCAA members and Judges in attendance are all there on a volunteer basis to try to further Western Craftsmanship and camaraderie in the disciplines.
- Everyone in attendance is expected to be polite and professional – those who are not will be asked to leave.
- If you would like a critique of your work from the Judges that will be available but if you don’t ask it won’t be given.
Please come and enjoy!
Hotel accommodations – there are many in the area, here is the Host Hotel for the show (ask for Brian Lebel’s Old West Auction Rate)
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
200N Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ
Phone 1-800-835-9873 or 480-898-8300