Hello from the TCAA
The Emerging Artists’ Competition was founded by the TCAA in order to create an opportunity for aspiring craftsmen to show their work and gather as a community of like-minded people. We are all in this journey together and together we can improve our industry and preserve our culture.
- Contestants must attend to be in the competition.
- Contestants are responsible for your own piece, if you want insurance you must supply it. The Traditional Cowboy Arts Association, its members, or Brian Lebel’s High Noon Action & Show are not responsible for you or your work.
- Each participant is allowed one(1) item;
- The contestants piece has to be at the TCAA Emerging Artists’ booth – High Noon Action & Show, Mesa Convention Center, Mesa, AZ.
- Dismissal 3pm that Sunday.
Contestants are welcome to sell their work at the show but please just step out of the booth to do so. The public will be viewing the work all day Saturday and Sunday so they can take the opportunity to make new connections.
Below you will find an itinerary for what we have planned in Mesa. We have tried to improve the experience in Mesa by giving the contestants a schedule of events to refer back to.
- You and your work need to be at the TCAA booth area by 10am
- Booth set up will happen the majority of the day
- Meet and Greet late afternoon / early evening hours. A definite time has yet to be set because of scheduling with the Convention Center. We will keep you informed, but make plans to attend
- 9am – 12pm TCAA judging
- 1pm – 4pm will be an open forum. The disciplines will separate into individual rooms to talk shop. You will have the judges at center stage to ask anything you want. This is your opportunity to get your questions answered. We will cover everything from the nuts and bolts of how we create to the business side of making a living doing what we love. It will be up to you to bring the questions. The more interaction we have, the better this time will be.
- 5pm Winners announced. Everyone will be asked to attend the opening of the High Noon Auction where we are given time to announce the winners. The two winners will be called to the front for a quick photo.
- 9am – 12pm Optional Critiques. If you are interested in getting a critique of your work it is up to you ask. We will be glad to explain what we find in your piece, but we don’t want to force our opinions on anyone. The disciplines will gather in a room to discuss the work with an open mind of simply improving what we do. There is something for us all to learn from each other’s work.
- Dismissal is 3pm. You can not leave until 3pm Sunday to ensure a quality show is present for the public to view. Please make plans accordingly. If you have problems then let us know please.