Well it’s that time of year again for anyone wanting to apply for the 2017 Traditional Cowboy Arts Associations Emerging Artist Competition. Again, it will be held at Brian Lebel’s High Noon Show & Auction, Mesa Convention Center 263N center Street, Mesa Arizona on January 21-22th 2017.
Read The News:
Entries closing date to October 15th
All applicants will be notified by October 20th
Here are bullet points of the application and Rules:
- There is no official application form, simply email a complete bio with personal photo along with as many photos of recent work(make sure photos are of appropriate size so they are easy to see and under 1MB) as possible to both Wilson Capron – email@example.com or Scott Hardy- firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have applied before you can apply again.
- The top 10 in each category will be excepted
If you are accepted:
- You are allowed 1(one) piece.
- You must personally deliver your work and be responsible for it during the event.
- The piece has to be at the TCAA booth by 10:00am January 22, 2017.
- This is a competition Not a Sales Event, the TCAA will not sell your work. We will not post prices but if there is interest in a piece, that is between the interested party and Craftsperson and should be done away from the display.
- The winners(1 in each discipline) will be announced at 5:00 pm January 21st 2017 at the beginning of Brian Lebel’s High Noon Auction.
- If you win you receive a check along with travel and hotel expenses to Cowboy Crossings Traditional Cowboy Arts Association exhibition and sale at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in October of 2017. There you will be introduced on stage during the banquet.
Things to Remember:
- Although this is a competition the TCAA is trying to build community between Craftspeople, we believe the Emerging Artist weekend is a great opportunity for everyone to exchange ideas and form friendships both furthering their disciplines.
- TCAA members and Judges in attendance are all there on a volunteer basis to try to further Western Craftsmanship and camaraderie in the disciplines.
- Everyone in attendance is expected to be polite and professional – those who are not will be asked to leave.
- If you would like a critique of your work from the Judges that will be available but if you don’t ask it won’t be given.
Please come and enjoy!
Hotel accommodations – there are many in the area, here is the Host Hotel for the show (ask for High Noon Rate)
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
200N Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ
Phone 1-800-835-9873 or 480-898-8300