Well it’s that time of year again for anyone wanting to apply for the 2018 Traditional Cowboy Arts Associations Emerging Artist Competition. Again, it will be held at Brian Lebel’s High Noon Show & Auction, Mesa Convention Center 263N center Street, Mesa Arizona on January 26-27, 2019.
Entries closing date: Sept. 15th
All applicants will be notified by Sept. 20th
TCAA will move from hosting 2 disciplines per year to spotlighting on 1.
January 2018 – Western Silversmiths
PRICE MONEY AND VALUE
The TCAA Emerging Artists’ Competition will now pay 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
First Place – $5000.00 value, cash and prizes ($2500 check, $2500 value for travel and hotel, Museum package to the Traditional Cowboy Arts Association Annual Exhibition & Sale at Cowboy Crossings held at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum Oklahoma City, Oklahoma).
The winner will not only enjoy the weekend festivities but also be introduced on stage during the opening night banquet.
Second Place- $1000.00 check.
Third Place- $500.00 check
Also Brian and Melissa Lebel award $500.00 for the Brian Lebel’s High Noon Peoples Choice
Award voted by the Public.
Contact Wilson Capron- firstname.lastname@example.org OR Scott Hardy- email@example.com
The Traditional Cowboy Arts Association is excited to offer this revamped competition to the Cowboy trades! We believe by focusing on 1 discipline per year we can give participates more exposure to collectors, public and other Western Crafts people creating opportunity and growth in the industry.
TCAA Emerging Artists’ Competition Schedule
Here are Bullet Points of the Application and Rules:
- There is no official application form, simply email a complete bio with personal photo along with as many photos of recent work(make sure photos are of appropriate size so they are easy to see and under 1MB) as possible to both Wilson Capron – firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott Hardy- email@example.com
- If you have applied before you can apply again.
- The top 10 in each category will be excepted
If you are accepted:
- You are allowed 1(one) piece.
- You must personally deliver your work and be responsible for it during the event.
- The piece has to be at the TCAA booth by 10:00am on the date stated above
- This is a competition Not a Sales Event, the TCAA will not sell your work. We will not post prices but if there is interest in a piece, that is between the interested party and Craftsperson and should be done away from the display.
- The winners (1 in each discipline) will be announced at the beginning of Brian Lebel’s High Noon Auction.
- If you win you receive a check along with travel and hotel expenses to Cowboy Crossings Traditional Cowboy Arts Association exhibition and sale at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in October. There you will be introduced on stage during the banquet.
Things to Remember:
- Although this is a competition the TCAA is trying to build community between Craftspeople, we believe the Emerging Artist weekend is a great opportunity for everyone to exchange ideas and form friendships both furthering their disciplines.
- TCAA members and Judges in attendance are all there on a volunteer basis to try to further Western Craftsmanship and camaraderie in the disciplines.
- Everyone in attendance is expected to be polite and professional – those who are not will be asked to leave.
- If you would like a critique of your work from the Judges that will be available but if you don’t ask it won’t be given.
Please come and enjoy!
Hotel accommodations – there are many in the area, here is the Host Hotel for the show (ask for High Noon Rate)
Phoenix Marriott Mesa
200N Centennial Way, Mesa, AZ
Phone 1-800-835-9873 or 480-898-8300